Australia Spring 2011

Australia Spring 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

Beach Walk/Sport lecture/rescue center/vball/sb plans

The best part of waking up (sing it from the Folgers commercial)........is actually heading out to the beach along the coastline. And that is exactly what I did. I went for about an hour and walking as far as I could go in that time---it was already very warm and sunny at 7:30AM! Beautiful day breaking!! After my walk, I grabbed some breakfast and headed down to Lyn's class---today was actually Dave Arthur who would be talking about Sports and Recreation. Sports are huge in Australia especially Australian Rules, Cricket, Rugby, Tennis.
Today's field trip was to the Seabird Rescue which I was not thrilled about. Once I got there it was more about Sea Turtles which we watched a video on, saw some rescued turtles that were recently rescued and some already recovered. We also learned about turtle nests and were told the babies would be hatching within the next two weeks and to watch for them on the beach at sunset.
After the field trip it was time to start volleyball tournaments---4 games and 8 teams! Ohhh yeah my team won---round two is Wednesday followed by the Championship round! I love volleyball, I think everyone does here!
Tonight for dinner--we recooked the remaining pasta and I went out to get some more veggies, spaghetti sauce, and french bread and we all ate together again. Cooking for everyone is a very hard task, but having a meal provided is very reassuring and less worrisome for everyone. After dinner though lots of stress piled on---I had tons of homework to do but Spring Break also needed to be booked---the group I am going with met and we discussed flights and accommodations---hopefully we can all book by tomorrow--its getting close to crunch time.
I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so it was bedtime for me! More progress tomorrow hopefully! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment