Australia Spring 2011

Australia Spring 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Travel Agent/beach/Quattro dinner

I started the morning with a great run and full body workout. It is great having a gym now!! While I was finishing up, it started to pour---boo and it continued on and off for the next couple hours--perfect for getting work done! Today I had to go see a travel agent with one of the students to get some prices for the other trips that could happen during the semester. The travel agent was very helpful and we got some good estimates. I also ran into target and got some more souvenirs. Once I got back to the cabins, I started to organize the trip to Mt. Warning which is a volcano about an hour from Lennox Head. We would stay in a cabin and then climb the mountain the next morning.
Once I got a little work and planning done, I needed some beach time. I suited up and headed to the beautiful beach. Now it was hot and sunny and I laid out on the beach. I took a walk down the shoreline as well. I just love being so close to the ocean and just walked and listened to the crashing waves. What a relaxing and refreshing place to be. While I was walking, I saw a fish carcass wash up on the sand and a couple seagulls peaking at it. I love the beach!!
I had to call a meeting for the students to discuss the new trips I found today and about Mt. Warning. Then it was time for some Ab Ripper with a couple of the other girls. After that, Casey and Amanda C asked me to go to dinner with them----we went to Quattro, a place down in town. We ordered and shared a pizza called Guilliano--it was delicious---it was seasoned chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic---mmmmm! This is the first time I ate in town and it was well worth it! The pizza with 8 slices cost AUS$ 18---everything is outrageously expensive I have found!
I was pretty exhausted after a day of running around and planning trips, that the night was short lived---got some more work done and listened to music--looking for forward to trips to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment